Jessica Carlisle is a gallerist, curator, artist representative and art consultant. Her eponymous gallery, in the heart of London’s West End, works with an extended network of UK and international artists and artists’ estates.
A qualified solicitor, Jessica practiced art law before joining the UK’s first artist management company, Artists First Management, working with a number of significant YBA’s. She is an Advisory Board Member for Made in Arts, London.
Drawing on her wide-ranging experience of the contemporary art world, Jessica’s workshop is an invaluable opportunity for artists looking to advance themselves and their career. Participants will gain expert, first hand advice on what a gallery would expect from you as a professional artist and how to promote yourself as successfully as possible.
The workshop content will include:-
· running a professional studio practice
· understanding the realistic value of your work and how to price it
· how to read contracts
· keeping records and finances
· photographing work
· creating and maximising opportunities for yourself and your work
· what to include on your website