Observing and tracking one’s own attraction impulse towards details in nature opens up our creative center. If we allow it to inspire us and connect us with our natural sense of harmony, free from prejudice and expectations, we create through our individual sensibilities. We are part of nature.
By walking through nature, we are not looking for inspiration, we search for textures, tools and materials and back to the studio we do our research and testings to choose our raw materials for the objects we want to create.
This workshops gives us a deep insight to the nature of clay, nature and the whole working process in ceramics, from prepatation of materials to the firing at the end.
Participants have the chance to be in nature and create their own collection of ceramic objects. An immersion into nature and silence is what we promise for this course.
You will learn:
- The whole ceramic process from preparation of clay to firing;
- A new way to see nature with all your senses.
Ceramicist, painter and product designer
Lidia graduated from School of Applied Arts in Zagreb (Croatia) in 1979. In the first years of her career she developed an intensive activity around textile art, combining painting and batik. Since 2002 she focuses on ceramics and design. In her OWL studio she works since 2005 on ceramics a research of new approaches and materials.
Lidia has participated in numerous exhibitions since that, not only in Croatia but in Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia, Slovakia and Japan. Her current work is very much inspired by nature and natural forms, the reason we challenged her to share her ideas with us. We are happy to have her with us in Cerdeira teaching one of our summer courses.
- Integration in small workgroups (5 to 10 people)
Tuition of 6 – 8 hours per day with a technical assistant (in english and portuguese)
- Studio open 12 hours per day
- All materials and firings included;
- Free accomodation in shared room in our Residency House (shared house, fully equipped with kitchen, bathrooms, washing machine, Wifi) or a 10% discount for accommodation in our Private Houses (2 nights minimum)
- Free Welcome dinner
- 10% early bird discount if you sign up one month in advance
- 3% discount for prompt payment
�������������������� ������ ����������������������:
+351 917 321 222