Public enterprise Gallery „Meno Parkas“ was established in 1997. In 2018 was established gallery's "Meno parkas" branch in Dusseldorf (Germany).
Gallery’s fields of activities:
- organizing projects and exhibitions of professional contemporary Lithuanian artists in Lithuania and foreign countries,
- organizing projects and exhibitions of professional contemporary foreign artists in Lithuania,
- participating in international contemporary art projects and exhibitions,
- publishing (projects’ and exhibitions’ catalogs, Lithuania’s and foreign artists’ personal creation catalogs, gallery’s electronic information publications ect.),
- library (Lithuania’s and foreign countries’ publications),
- centre of information (database about Lithuania’s and foreign countries’ artists creation, information about contemporary art projects in Lithuania and abroad, spread of information),
- selling professional artists’ artwork, marketing of artists’ materials, framing and other facilities,
- collaboration with Lithuania’s and foreign countries’ galleries, institutions of contemporary art, art academies, creative associations and organizations,
- organizing conferences, meetings and discussions on contemporary art topics.
Priorities of galleries’ practice’s:
- realization of Lithuanian Artists’ Association’s creative program,
- young artists creations stimulation, involving them into projects of contemporary art.
Underlying gallery’s projects:
- international cultural exchange project “Art Line” (author of the project Arvydas Žalpys). This project has been started in 1999 and is annual. Contemporary art galleries, art centres and art institutions from Germany, Portugal, Poland, Latvia, Spain, Italy, Czechia, Estonia, Finland, Great Britain, Norway, Lithuania.
- contemporary art festival “Kaunas in Art” (author of the project – Arvydas Žalpys) started in 2008.
- continuous project for young artists "The Young. Green Consciousness", started in 2011.