Sheroes is Lon-art’s third Social Exhibition.
The Social Exhibition initiative creates an opportunity for interaction and dialogue between the public and artists centred on particular themes and social issues.
Sheroes will take place from 8 to 11 March 2018.
THE LON-ART SHEROES MANIFESTO
We the undersigned believe:
1. Women have been silenced and stifled throughout history
2. Women in literature, art and beyond have traditionally been reduced to negative stereotypes and archetypes
3. Women’s true stories deserve to be brought to the fore
4. We have to do more to promote the diversity of positive role models in society, in terms of gender, ethnicity, sexuality, disability, social background and beyond
5. Sheroes should be an inspiration to everyone, regardless of gender
6. Sheroes don’t need to have been born into a ‘female’ body!
7. Collaboration is a form of sheroism: no room for egos – let’s work together and share the recognition
8. Strength and power come in different forms – women need referents for strength that are on their own terms, outside of patriarchy
9. Art is political and creative expression can contribute towards changes in society
10. Every month should be Women’s History Month!
The Sheroes Team