Greywood Arts is a welcoming place where meaningful personal and group experiences are constructed. We began as a multidisciplinary artist residency in 2017 and are passionate about creative process. We have grown to offer participatory educational and cultural events. By supporting the practices of professional artists, as well as developing opportunities for for self-expression and social engagement in a rural setting, Greywood Arts helps shape the cultural landscape of East Cork.
What We Do:
- Artist Residency
- Workshops & Cultural Events (screenings, literary readings, music, performances, etc.)
- Community Arts Projects
- May Sunday Festival
- Publish Crossing the Dissour: an Online Journal About Creative Process
- Coach House Creative Hub – a space for the arts in a rural community.
- to provide low-cost and no-cost space to artists.
- to support the creative processes of performing artists, visual artists, writers, filmmakers, musicians, arts scholars and other creatives.
- to provide a site for education, dialogue and engagement.
- to increase our community’s access to the arts.
- to offer a warm welcome and make all visitors feel comfortable and supported as they explore, imagine, invent and reflect.
- Being articulate and transparent about process. A willingness to embrace not-knowing and spontaneity, as well as working with structure, strategy, and parameters.
- Work that is compelling, vital, and timely. We are a place to explore the methods and media that best express those ideas.
- Risk taking. Pushing boundaries, play, experimentation. Learning from failure as much as success.
- Collaborative and interdisciplinary work. Honing collaborative skills like communication, negotiation, and problem solving. Magic happens in the exchange of ideas and the intersection of media.
- Work at all stages. Supporting new work and work that reworks ideas.