- Find out about traditional photographic techniques and formats.
- Learn how to use a large format wooden plate camera.
- Take home your own tintype portrait at the end of the day.
The afternoon will be led by professional photographers Jacopo Emiliani and Riccardo Cavallari, who both specialise in portraiture and vintage photographic processes.
The workshop will take inspiration from Autograph ABP’s acclaimed Black Chronicles exhibitions, featuring Victorian portraits portraying people of African, Caribbean and South Asian descent in Britain. Participants will be involved in all stages of the creative process, learning how to use a large format wooden plate camera and how to compose and develop their own tintype portrait.
Individual or group portraits are welcome, and everyone will take home their finished tintype portrait at the end of the day. Light refreshments will also be provided during the afternoon.
Part of The Missing Chapter project, supported by Heritage Lottery Fund.
- This event is free, with a £25 refundable deposit
- Only 15 places are available, and booking is essential
- Due to the limited availability of tickets a refundable deposit of £25 per person applies (similar workshops typically cost £150 - 200)
- Attendees will be refunded their deposit within 7 days after the workshopp
- Refunds will be processed by Eventbrite
- No-shows will not be refunded their deposit