But not so many people know the Wolfgang also works with moving images. So we are extremely happy to welcome him showing us a selection of this part of his work!
Wolfgang Tillmans (born 1968 in Remscheid) is a German artist. His diverse body of work is distinguished by observation of his surroundings and an ongoing investigation of the photographic medium’s foundations.
Tillmans was the first photographer – and also the first non-British person – to be awarded the Tate annual Turner Prize. He has also been awarded the Hasselblad Award, the Royal Photographic Society's Centenary Medal, the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition's Charles Wollaston Award, The Culture Prize of the German Society for Photography, and is a member of the Royal Academy of Arts. Tillmans lives in Berlin and London.
Wolfgang Tillmans will show:
1. Printing Press Heidelberg Speedmaster XL - Real Time Total Eclipse Nightfall and Exit, 2011 / 2015, 8min
2. It’s Completely Changed, 2017, 4min
3. Completely Changed, 2018, 4min
4. Non-toxic Foam - Swiss RE / Triangle, 2017, 9min
5. On My Own, 2018, 4min
6. Tired Car Alarm, 2018, 2min
7. Dylan in Pool, 2003, 3min
8. Peas, 2003, 3min
9. Sister Sleep, 2018, 3min
10. Self study, 1987, 2min
11. Instrument, 2015, 6min
12. Lights (body), 2000/2002, 5min
13. Goldfrapp ‘Lovely Head’’, 2000, 4min
14. Pet Shop Boys ‘Home and Dry, 2002, 4min
15. Here We Are, 2016, 6min
16. Powell ‘Freezer’, 2017, 4min
Wir freuen uns Euch zu sehen | we are looking forward to seeing you
Herzliche Grüße | best regards
Ivo Wessel, Olaf Stüber
friendly supported by ASK HELMUT