This workshop will offer a visual insight into how makers and designers can present themselves online and how to generate interest and income to their practice.
Why it’s worth attending?
- Advice on understanding how to promote your unique offer
- Tips on developing a brand through your vision and values
- Tips on where to focus your online marketing
Who is speaking?
- An industry expert to help you with self-promotion, your branding, establishing a marketing strategy and help you shape your online promotion
- An established maker will be offering you key tips on building a sustainable business through online promotion
What is on offer?
- Advice on the logistics to understand and utilise social media marketing
- Why an online profile is important, what you should be considering and how to make the most of potential opportunities.
- Introduction to approaching press outlets
1.15pm - Arrive & registration, tea/coffee
1.30pm - Welcome and introductions
2.00pm - Industry advisor
2.50pm - Break
3.10pm - Workshop continued
3.40pm - Maker presentation
4.20pm - Reflections & Q&A
4.40pm - Networking
5.15pm - Finish workshop
Crafts Council courses, events, talks and workshops strike a balance between information-led and practical training, always in a friendly, open atmosphere that encourages discussion and informal networking.
What refreshments are provided on the day?
Tea and coffee will be provided at the start of the session and during the afternoon break.
**£5 Discount available to Crafts Council Directory makers, please email for more info**
Marketing Skills workshop is part of a series of Business development workshops and events designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to promote their work successfully.