- Plymouth Gin and Rivington Shoreditch create a bespoke winter cocktail experience –
- Guests are invited to pick a gift from the Rivington tree with each cocktail ordered -
Plymouth Gin has teamed up with Rivington Shoreditch to create a festive experience where guests can enjoy a selection of bespoke winter cocktails with a chance to win exciting gifts. From now until the New Year, guests that treat themselves to one of the special cocktails at Rivington Shoreditch will be able to pick a message in a bottle off the Christmas tree for a chance of a Christmas miracle.
The Plymouth Gin family of unique artisan spirits has stood the test of time, and now Rivington Shoreditch is embracing this heritage by creating a series of neo-classic and daringly modern cocktails with this legendary spirit. The exclusive selection includes short, long and hot serves as well as one which has been aged in an oak barrel for 14 days.
Plymouth Gin is a living legend in the archives of drinks history. The world's first spirit to be called 'dry gin' when it was first developed in 1793, it is the only English gin to be granted a Protected Geographical Indication from the European Union. Loved both by the British Royal Navy and by famed explorers, Plymouth Gin sailed the seven seas and travelled from pole to pole, gaining notoriety at every port of call.
The series of specially created gin cocktails – with all ingredients specially hand selected by Rivington Shoreditch Bar Manager Piotr Jedrzejewski – are all inspired by naval traditions.
· May They Never Meet - Plymouth Dry gin and spruce needle tincture (served short) - £8.50
· The Willing Foe - Plymouth Sloe gin, Solerno blood orange liqueur, lemon juice, clementine and pink peppercorn soda (served long) - £9
· Absent Friends - Plymouth Navy Strength gin, homemade Christmas vermouth, Maraschino liqueur and Angostura bitters (aged in oak barrel for 14 days) - £10
· Our Ship at Sea Gin Punch - Plymouth Dry gin, red aperitif wine, Lapsang tea, lemon peel, orange slices, pineapple chunks, lemon juice, spices & brown sugar (served hot) - £10
Piotr Jedrzejewski: “The Rivington team has had great fun creating this list of winter cocktails with Plymouth ahead of Christmas, and hopefully guests will see that we’ve really pushed the boat out. The tree is up and all of the gifts are sparkling under the lights, so we can’t wait for people to come down to kick off the festive season.”
Tamara Knights, Brand Manager of Plymouth Gin comments: “Piotr has done a fantastic job of infusing Plymouth Gin with the spirit of Christmas with some truly beautiful cocktails – the pairing of Plymouth with a spruce needle tincture is a personal favourite. Everyone at Plymouth Gin wishes all Rivington Shoreditch customers a truly memorable Christmas.”