Why you should attend:
- Learn to highlight the fundraising possibilities for your business or project and discover how to achieve these aims
- Receive expert support for yourself and your ideas for a project you need funding for
- Discover to the wealth of options available for your creative business and ideas throughout your business development journey
Who is speaking and advising?
- Steph Graham, Arts and Fundraising Consultant, Adapt for Arts.
- Crafts Council Talent Development Manager
- Arts Council Relationship manager for the North West
- Experienced maker highlighting their experience in funding their creative practice
The day’s proceedings will cover:
- Grants and trust funding
- Crowd funding
- Case studies presented by a maker who has secured funding for projects or business development
Advance booking information: please complete the following questions and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 1st September 2017
Have you received financial investment or funding before and in what context? What is your funding/financial challenge
12.45 Arrive and register
1pm Welcome and introductions
1.20pm Steph Graham, Adapt for Arts
2.10pm Maker presentation
3.10pm 20 minute advice sessions with Arts Council Relationship Manager, with Steph Graham or with Crafts Council Talent Development manager
Whilst advice sessions are going on, you will be asked to take part in a workshop exercise to support your practice.
4.50 Reflections & Q&A
Venue: 10 minute walk from Manchester Victoria or Manchester Piccadilly train stations.
Funding & Financial Skills workshop is part of a series ofworkshops and masterclasses designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to export and promote their work successfully.
What refreshments are provided on the day?
Tea and coffee will be provided at the start of the session and during the afternoon break.
Crafts Council courses, events, talks and workshops strike a balance between information-led and practical training, always in a friendly, open atmosphere that encourages discussion and informal networking.
**£5 Discount available to Crafts Council Directory makers, please email for more info**