This two day workshop is designed to help you plan, manage and create a successful career as a Contemporary artist. You will have the opportunity to work directly with an experienced gallery director and art curator, who will give you one on one feedback about your artwork, advise you on how to organise your portfolio and teach you how to manage your career professionally.
This is a great 2 day workshop to teach you the business side of managing your career as a Contemporary artist and the things that count most in todays competitive art market.
The two day workshop will be presented in three parts:
1.Portfolio and artwork review
• A review of your portfolio, both online & offline.
• Organisation and correct presentation of your portfolio by an expert
• Constructive criticism of your work to help you see your work from a professional perspective
• Professional advise about how to position yourself in the art market
2.Artist Career Management
• How to present your work to galleries, in art fairs and in exhibitions
• A guide on how to price your artworks depending on your market position
• Creating a pricing plan for the next 3 – 5 years for your artworks
• Setting objectives and goals as an artist and creating a guide to achieve them
• Review on how to package your artwork and ship your artwork internationally
• Guide to how to work with galleries and gallery contracts
3.Marketing and Communication
• How to communicate and market yourself as an artist, both online and offline.
• A guide to managing your social media, facebook, twitter and instagram.
• How to get your work featured in magazines and blogs.
• Managing your current artist website, or assistance in building your own artist website. We will be using WordPress to build your own professional artist website during the workshop.
By the end of the workshop you will understand:
• How the art market works and how to position yourself in the market.
• How to professionally manage your career, set objectives and achieve success.
• How to work with galleries professionally, plan your exhibitions and price your artworks.
• How to market and communicate your work online and offline. You will understand your own personal brand as an artist and how that helps to sell and market your artwork.
• How to manage and create a wordpress website and a guide on how to update and manage your website.
The workshop is limited to 6 people at a time. If you wish to apply, please contact us directly so we can have a one on one conversation about your work, current position as an artist and understand your objectives a bit better.
Contact: Tina Ziegler on 0790 419 6389 or e-mail at: email@example.com
Saturday and Sunday: 10am to 7pm (18 hours in total)
Price of the workshop: 249.00
• Price includes the complete presentation, 1 wordpress template from our selection, one on one portfolio review and a 1 hour follow up session on skype after the workshop is completed to answer any questions you may have.
Seats available: 6