Bow Arts seeks to support creative professionals at all stages of their careers. In 2015 Bow Arts launched Bow Skills in response to an artist survey which showed over 90% of practicing artists find it useful to receive further support outside formal education. Bow Skills is a dynamic and relevant programme of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) which is informed by an artist steering group and open to all creative practitioners across London. The programme of talks, panel discussions, new skills labs and peer crits is open to all, with concession rates available to Bow Arts artists and students.
The aim is to empower participants with both practical advice and useful background knowledge when working with photographic professionals in the creative industries. The session will include discussion and advice on:
- Understanding different colour spaces
- Understanding white balance and colour temperature
- Effective and practical colour balancing and other post production techniques
- Appropriate use of different types of image file
- Image file profiles
- Pixel depth, resolution and image size.
- Preparing images for print and screen.
More information can be found on our website here: