Simon Lewandowski curates: 'NierghtravAOnWint'sIf A Teller:
a book in 8 chapters and 4 dimensions'
Each chapter lasts one week and is visible 24 hours a day from the street / Each artist will construct a chapter / Each chapter will be embedded in the previous one / Each will change, incorporate or move aside what is already in the space to develop a series of unfolding chapters / The work is rule-based.
1. 8 chapters will follow a preface and in turn be followed by an afterword
2. The order in which artists make a chapter has been randomly determined in advance.
3. Each chapter will be a response to the previous one.
4. Material can be introduced into the space but not taken out. Anything can be altered, moved, reconstituted (even destroyed) but must stay there till the end.
5. The rules are a part of the work so subject to the same rules.
6. New rules may be introduced but not removed.
For more information on the 24 SEVEN curators' project email:
Distinct from the other two programmes at the gallery, 24 SEVEN is a curators' project that uses an 8 metre square dedicated space at the front of the gallery. With a street-only window presence and a 24/7 schedule, invited curators present a series of quick-fire shows within a specific timeframe. Each curator's portfolio will be archived on the gallery website as it unfolds.