Axis is delighted to announce that submissions are once again open for Social Works?, the journal of social practice art. Building on our recent AHRC-funded SAFEDI project with Manchester Metropolitan University and Social Art Network, this will be a special issue on equality, diversity and inclusion in social art asking: How social art might influence EDI policy and institutional practice, and help to change communities’ relationship to arts organisations?
We would love to receive your abstracts/proposals on topics including, but not limited to:
- How social art can model equality, diversity and inclusion
- Case studies of social art projects centred upon equality, diversity and inclusion
- Challenges for social artists from marginalised backgrounds / working in marginalised communities
- Case studies on social art and policy making
- We are looking for a mix of pieces of writing between 600 and 2500 words, as well as word-image pieces (e.g. comic strip, ‘zine spread, collage - max. 3 pages).
Eligibility: Writers, artists, social practitioners.
What you get: There are 8 bursaries available. We will pay £350 for each selected submission.
Back to all artist opportunties