The South London Gallery Postgraduate Residency is an open submission six-month residency opportunity available to artists completing an MA, MFA, PGDip, MRes or an equivalent programme of study (including alternative, peer organised and non-accredited programmes) from an institution, collective or art school in the UK between October 2018 and October 2019.
Between 1 October 2019 and 1 April 2020, the resident will receive the following:
- rent-free accommodation in the SLG Outset Artists’ Flat;
- studio space in the SLG Fire Station;
- a £6,000 bursary to produce new work and help cover living expenses;
- mentoring sessions and studio visits from SLG staff, including the Director, and other arts professionals;
- the opportunity to produce a publication;
- the opportunity to present a public event in response to their practice;
- a solo exhibition opening March 2020 in one of the new Fire Station galleries.
The residency enables the production of a new body of work and a rare opportunity for a recent graduate to exhibit within an internationally renowned institution.
Deadline 22 July 2019