Since it was established in 1991, Galerie Thomas Schulte’s ongoing focus has been placed on nurturing, supporting, and sustaining outstanding and inspiring artistic positions in international conceptual art spanning from the 1960’s to the present.
Since 2006 Galerie Thomas Schulte has been seated in the nineteenth-century Tuteur House in Berlin-Mitte. The landmark tripartite display window of the gallery’s nine-meter-high Corner Space was added to the building in 1913 by Hermann Muthesius, a famous early pioneer of German architectural modernism and founder of the Deutscher Werkbund.
Galerie Thomas Schulte – known as Galerie Franck + Schulte until 2000 – was one of the ﬁrst galleries to open in Berlin after Germany’s reuniﬁcation. It quickly became known for its select exhibition program, which not only offered innovative and thought-provoking works by represented artists, but it also created a platform for pioneering international artists in Berlin’s newly re-emerging art scene. Over the years, Galerie Thomas Schulte has exhibited with such cutting-edge artists as Bas Jan Ader, Richard Artschwager, Alighiero e Boetti, Daniel Buren, Chuck Close, Helmut Federle, Michael Heizer, Rebecca Horn, Magdalena Jetelová, Johannes Kahrs, Joseph Kosuth, Jannis Kounellis, Sol LeWitt, Mark Lombardi, Roxy Paine, Pipilotti Rist, and Robert Smithson.