02 Apr 2015 – 07 May 2015
London, United Kingdom
About Peckham Platform
Peckham Platform recently took the exciting step of becoming a charity, independent from the University of the Arts London.
Our vision is that communities can inform and shape their engagement with their locality by working with contemporary visual artists.
Our mission is to create meaningful and accessible social arts practice for Peckham and beyond.
We support artists and communities to co-create and own new artworks by:
1. Working with the best social arts practitioners who prioritise working with people as an integral aspect to their practice.
2. Working with communities in a sustainable way to identify issues that are important to them and can be addressed through contemporary art.
Our objectives for the next three years are to:
1. Deliver an expanded co-commissioned gallery programme which will deepen our relationships with our community partners in Peckham;
2. Champion social arts practice and become a critical resource for HE partners, leading practitioners and engaged organisations;
3. Critically investigate the social impact of our place based work so that we contribute to wider sector development and influence policy making in this area;
4. Build a sustainable organisation with diversity and partnership at its heart.
The work we do in Peckham helps increase civic pride and build a positive sense of place.
The work we will do to champion and critically contribute to the development of social arts practice will increase the number of communities that can enjoy this kind of positive cultural experience.
The work we do to critically investigate the social impact of our place based work will influence future policy in this area.