The Pacifist Ernst Friedrich
01 Oct 2015 – 15 Jan 2016
Käthe Kollwitz Museum Berlin
At the end of May 1986, the Berlin painter and art dealer Hans Pels-Leusden, who died in April 1993, opened in a former upper-class home in the Fasanenstraße the privately directed Käthe-Kollwitz-Museum Berlin.
Four decades after the death of Käthe Kollwitz a permanent home for a major part of her complete works has been set up thanks to this generous donation in the town where Käthe Kollwitz lived and worked for more than fifty years.
The Käthe-Kollwitz-Museum Berlin is located in the former first private home built 1871 in Fasanenstraße. Destroyed during the 2nd World War, the building underwent a fundamental restauration during the nineteeneighties.
Neighboring the museum is the Literaturhaus with café. Easy direct access through a special passage way connecting the museum´s garden with the garden of the café.