The Armourers & Brasiers' Company is a Livery Company of the City of London. Founded in 1322 as the Guild of St George of the Armourers, it was awarded its first Royal Charter in 1453 from King Henry VI. In 1708 the Armourers joined with the Brasiers and the Worshipful Company of Armourers & Brasiers received its current charter from Queen Anne. Since the 19th Century, the main focus of the Company has been its charitable giving. Through The Armourers & Brasiers Gauntlet Trust
the Company supports general good causes and education and research in Materials Science and Metallurgy.