First part of the workshop will be focused on the interface and the structure, work with operators, parameters and Python scripting. The workshop will also cover some of the concepts for developing artistic projects – operator families, converted data, time dependency, work with video source, 2D and 3D interactive art.
The second part will be devoted to how to use TouchDesigner in order to create specific architectural projection mapping. The instructor will discuss some of the workflows that he has been developing in his own projects. At the end of the day the participants will create their own mapping content for projection on provided 3D surface.
• 11:00–11:30 - Introduction to TouchDesigner
• 11:30-13:00 - Interface and structure: work with operators, export parameters, write expressions and scripts in Python.
• 13:00-14:00 – Lunch break
• 14:00-15:30 - Artistic concepts: more about operator families, how to convert data between different operator types, use time dependency, create custom motion data, work with video files, generate 2D images, model 3D geometry, add visual effects and post-processing, compositing, build complex networks
• 15:30-17:00 - Projection mapping techniques: demonstration of specific techniques and workflows, walk-through a projection mapping example, overview how to prepare our network
• 17:00-19:00 - Create art with TouchDesigner: practical work for a projection mapping installation on 3D object, the instructor will help to the participants to create and use their own content