This month the workshop is inspired by the work of Miranda Forrester and Emily Moore whose exhibition is on show in our Window Gallery here. During the workshop Jenny will introduce you to different ways of playfully creating an image, using collage to build and layer with colours and shapes. You will be encouraged to explore and have fun with materials in an open ended way to create your own piece of art.
Our Family Fun workshops usually take place every month at Phoenix Art Space, they are free, drop in sessions suitable for families with children aged 5-14yrs. This series of Virtual Family Fun workshops will be broadcast monthly while our building is closed. If you miss the live workshop you can watch a recording on the families page of our website.
You will need the following materials and equipment:
- Paper (ordinary printer paper is fine)
- Kitchen roll and / or toilet roll
- Glue / Pritt Stick
- Food colouring
- You will also need space to make and somewhere to dry paper.
To join our Instagram Live broadcast:
- Follow @phoenix_artspace on Instagram.
- Tap or click our profile picture (Phoenix Art Space logo) on Tuesday 23 February at 5pm to view our live video.
Please share images of your creations with us on Instagram, tag us @phoenix_artspace and use the hashtag #PhoenixVirtualFamilyFun
Image credit: Rosie Powell