AboutPart Four of the Track Project is a group collaboration to imaginatively transform everyday materials into a psychedelic giant kite! Under the instruction of professional installation artist, Natasha Rosling the day will cover:
- A brief history of flying machines, and the basic physics behind wind catching and aero-dynamic design.
- Experimenting with colour and form to express identity in design.
- The practicalities of transferring ideas and sketches into three dimensional structures.
- Ingenious techniques to make strong structures from paper and other recycled materials.
- Testing the final structure in the public space for its attempt at flight, and documenting the process.
This workshop is FREE with materials and equipment provided. Although, participants are encouraged to select and bring along few interesting and colourful materials re-useable for the workshop including plastic bottles and bottle tops, foils, egg boxes, newspapers/paper, polystyrene and bubble wrap etc. etc (however this is not compulsory).
Please bring a packed lunch.
For more information and to book call the track hotline on 07737 046 696 or email email@example.com
The TRACK PROJECT is kindly funded by Lewisham Council.