We are proud to announce the launch of Tom’s Etching Studio a new print studio in Peckham!
This is the first studio that will focus on Intaglio (etching + engraving) and Relief (lino + woodblock) printing, as well as give opportunities to explore guerrilla printmaking such as cardboard printing, pasta maker printing and many others.
What Tom’s Etching Studio is offering:
– Memberships to experienced printers.
– Workshops in new and traditional methods for beginners.
– Large-scale printing presses that can be fully disassembled for a fraction of their standard cost.
– The studio can be rented out to host your own workshops.
Why Tom’s Etching Studio is Amazing:
– In keeping with the DIY themes of Peckham’s rapid gentrification, the Press is a gritty steel fabrication designed and constructed by artist and founder Thomas Moore.
– The studio is located in a railway arch between an MOT garage, brewers, knife makers and a ceramicist collective. It is an industrious place where artistic and scientific processes sit comfortably together.
– Whilst screen-printing has enjoyed a surge in popularity, with makers riding a wave of new micro-studios, etching is still confined to a few old institutions that struggle to engage younger artists.
– Etching and engraving represent the oldest forms of printmaking and yet remain unparalleled in their flexibility and dynamism with over 600 known ways of making a mark and no one printer being able to tell you them all.