Perspectives and In A Woman's Body have joined forces to create this experiential artistic experience, bringing together different artists to share their interpretation of "The Gender Half Truth" and give you the guided space to reflect on how this affects the way we see the world.
An experience created to inspire change.
What is ‘The Gender Half Truth’?
Women's bodies have not been considered the norm for centuries; in ancient Greece, the philosopher Aristotle wrote extensively about how the female body was a mutilated version of the male body.
This idea is still represented in our society, among others in medical trials, resulting in women being underrepresented in the vision we have of the world.
We see the consequences of this, in the lack of knowledge we have about our female bodies, the lack of information we have on sexual, menstrual health, and reproductive health, and the lack of prioritization of female pleasure. We call this ‘The Gender Half Truth’, as we believe that a crucial part of what it means to be in a woman's body has been deliberately left out. We believe it is time to change this.
To make this possible we have created this event where you will have the curated art to get inspired, a safe & empathic space to speak and to share your perspective, and the activities to sparkle a new way to see this topic. It will come together with the right questions, fun tools & supportive community so we can together in this event discover how to bring change into our life and the world.
Everyone is welcome.
What is behind the event?
This event is part of the crowdfunding campaign In A Woman's Body is organizing to build a platform to change exactly this by transforming women's health. Learn more about it and support it here.
What is the structure?
This is going to be an interactive event and we have divided it into 3 acts as if it would be a theatre piece. The experience has been designed in the same way.
Act 1: Set up | 19:00- 19:45
• Welcome: we will give you the guidelines for the event and explain to you how to get the best out of this experience.
• Introduction: we will introduce each other in a specific and playful way.
Act 2: Crescendo | 19:45 - 22:00
• We will have different guided activities prepared for you so you can experience through art, stories, and conversations
Act 3: Resolution or Climax | 22:00 - 23:30
• We will guide you through different facilitation practices to imagine together how the world & our life could look like in relation to this topic
• Out into the world: we finish with a motivational guide on how to bring what you have learned into the wold
•DJ set + other things that may happen ;)
We want to welcome everybody so this will be a safe space and you will not be obligated to do anything that you do want to do.