Why should you attend?
- Get direct and professional advice on the key logistics of how to structure a creative business and how to build an audience for your business
- Find out about how to turn your making into your brand and a business tool
- Hear a presentation by an experienced maker, offering their knowledge, advice and expertise on how they set up their business.
What will you go away with?
- Awareness on the logistics that need to be considered on where to start with marketing your craft, the potential costs and how to utilise your time and investment
- Advice on the toolkits, planning and top tips on how to manage your time, how to price your work and the potential outlets available to your products.
- Key knowledge and advice given to finding your unique selling point that will help establish your brand
Who is speaking?
- Talent Development manager Katia Stewart, who has over 10 years’ experience in working in the arts and working to support the business and creative development of artists and makers from amateurs to established professionals.
- Ceramicist Richard Cullen will be providing an insight to his business and giving valuable advice on his experiences with setting up and structuring his creative business.
£5 Discount available to Crafts Council Directory makers, please email for more info
Career Start Up workshop is part of a series of workshops and events designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to export and promote their work successfully.