An Exhibition by Naomi Arburton
Launch Party at Tottenham Social Pop Ups at Craving Coffee
Friday 6th October
Food by Chalé Let's Eat
6-10pm, Bar by Craving Coffee till 11pm.
Exhibition runs Friday 6th October to Sunday 29th October 2017
Sun - Wed 10 to 5, Thur - Sat 10 to 11, Free entry.
Having left her native Australia over a decade ago, Naomi Arburton has since resided in both Hong Kong and London. Her passion for creativity and the arts has seen her write, direct and perform worldwide.
SPECTRUM, Naomi’s latest exhibition, encourages people to consider how they see and interpret things. It welcomes and embraces multiple points of view and poses the following questions:
• Is perception fixed to an individual vantage point or can it be altered, if one shifts their focus?
• Does experiencing additional points of view change mindset?
• To see: sight - is this literal or metaphorical?
• Is it possible to see the world in a different light, if we change our perspective?
• Will our world vision improve, if we embrace the complete spectrum?
We are separate and unique, yet we are also one of many - we merge and exist together. This merging, of the global spectrum, just as the spectrum of colours in a rainbow, has the ability to produce light and enable vision.
The pieces, marry together the vibrant colours of the rainbow with the more neutral tones of black, white and grey. Each work uses colour and tone to provoke acceptance, inclusivity and the expanse of one’s current mindset.