The Anglican Cathedral is a unique historical and iconic architectural feature of Liverpool. This sketching session is a mixed ability class suitable for experienced artists who want to experience drawing in this unique location or beginners looking to learn useful skills to help record the world around them.
Saturday 20th March
Please note that all courses in our 2021 Winter Programme will be going ahead. If for any reason our venues have to close due to future restrictions, our courses will be going ahead online which means no course cancellations (is that a cheer we can hear?) book with confidence and start the new year off in a positive, mindful and creative way.
- Looking at different ways of drawing architecture
- Using tonal drawing to deal with lighting effects
- Experimenting with different materials for dealing with the effects of light
- We will talk about approaches to your drawing referencing different artists to provide context and pointers on how to approach the problems involved
- Quick drawing exercises about creating thumbnails sketches and planning out a tonal scheme
- Tips on getting believable Architectural proportions and establishing a sense of scale in drawing
- Then different ways of rendering the effects of light in tone
- Long drawings
- Group critique and feedback sessions
Ticket holders will need to bring a set of pencils, erasers and an A3 sketchbook.
Winter Programme 2021, Saturday mornings 11:00am - 2:00pm