Co-produced by Lighthouse and University of Brighton, this edition focuses on game design, storytelling, visuals and sound. The event is held over two days - one evening of talks on 16 June and one day of workshops on 17 June - and includes demos and an arcade to try out some games in.
The event is for anyone wanting to find out more about games, from industry professionals to students and creatives, including filmmakers, sound recordists and designers, scriptwriters, musicians, theatre makers and visual artists.
More details and tickets here: http://bit.ly/pbgames2016
TALKS – 16 June
• JESSICA CURRY – co-founder of the award-winning game development studio The Chinese Room and BAFTA-winning composer of the music for Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture
• JAMES B STRINGER – creative director at Werkflow, a London-based games engine focused, digital arts studio
• JORDAN ERICA WEBBER – games journalist for newspapers, magazines and blogs, including The Guardian and PC Gamer
WORKSHOPS – 17 June
• FINANCING GAMES PROJECTS – Authentic Media, business development consultancy
• VIDEO GAME PRODUCTION – BIG INDUSTRY & BASEMENT PRODUCTION – Derk Over, visual artist for video games
• PLAYING AND PLAYTESTING – Holly Gramazio of Matheson Marcault, a company that makes physical and digital works for public spaces, museums and festivals
More to be announced