Photo-plate lithography can pick up an amazing amount of subtle tonal detail, and does not require lots of specialist lithography equipment. This course is a great introduction for beginners, or can be an ideal refresher for those returning to plate lithography.
- Welcome to LPW
- Initial introduction to photo-plate lithography, with explanation and examples.
- Demonstration of exposing, developing and printing a plate.
- Participants to prepare artwork, expose and develop plates.
- Participants print plates, and expose and develop more during the afternoon.
- If time, experiment using different colours to ink up.
About the Tutor – Kathryn Desforges
Kathryn Desforges is a visual artist and fine art printmaker based in Leeds, West Yorkshire. She uses drawing, photography and found objects as a starting point for recording responses to her local environment. From these, she creates contemporary original prints, artists’ books and three-dimensional works. Printmaking has been her specialist area of interest since she first discovered etching whilst studying at Kingston University 2002 – 2005. Kathryn is the technician at West Yorkshire Print Workshop and was the Lithography Intern at Leicester Print Workshop for 2013.