You will be shown how to prepare imagery, expose and develop your plate, then ink and print. There will be the opportunity to work on two plates during the day, enabling you to experiment with different types of imagery and results.
- Welcome to LPW
- Initial introduction to photo-plate lithography, with explanation and examples.
- Demonstration of exposing, developing and printing a plate.
- Participants to prepare artwork, expose and develop plates.
- Participants print plates, and expose and develop more during the afternoon.
- If time, experiment using different colours to ink up.
About the Tutor – Kathryn Desforges
Kathryn Desforges is a visual artist and fine art printmaker based in Leeds, West Yorkshire. She uses drawing, photography and found objects as a starting point for recording responses to her local environment. From these, she creates contemporary original prints, artists’ books and three-dimensional works. Printmaking has been her specialist area of interest since she first discovered etching whilst studying at Kingston University 2002 – 2005. Kathryn is the technician at West Yorkshire Print Workshop and was the Lithography Intern at Leicester Print Workshop for 2013.
Book online at: http://www.leicesterprintworkshop.com/courses/photoplate_lithography/