This mixed 4-day level course will explore these much-adored animal themes within the context of their meaning and significance in Japanese art.
With each subject, you will learn about its core feature and ideas, alongside key brush strokes of each technique.
Based on simplicity and minimalism, this workshop is a form of active meditation, training of discipline of hands and mind. It enhances self-confidence and flow with the brush, promoting new sets of drawing skills.
Each lesson will begin with a brief introduction and demonstration by Talia, you will learn various brush strokes and exercises accompanied by study sheets, plenty of practice time, 1-2-1 tutorial and group discussion. You will be making your very own finished painting at the end of each session.
* Professional tools and materials are all supplied for the course as well as light refreshments
* A short list of what students can bring will be sent to all participants
* Professional calligraphy sets, brushes and paper can be purchased during the course
* Due to the heritage nature of Burgh house, places are limited to 12
* Buttery cafe at Burgh house will be open for light lunch, tea & coffee from 11 am till 5 pm
* Nearest tube: Hampstead / Northern Line
* Course fee includes all your tools & materials, course's worksheets and light refreshment.