Our bespoke advisory hour-long sessions are for makers at all stages in their career to discuss ideas or concerns about their creative practice. The session is led by an experienced art and business development advisor. It is tailored for you and fully confidential, the session will enable you to talk about your ideas or concerns on your creative practice.
What is on offer?
One-hour advice session with a 30-minute follow up call
Where does the session happen?
*Online via Skype or Zoom
*you will be sent a link on completion of 'What should you prepare in advance?' (see below)
How does it work?
• You supply the advisor with information in advance (requirements indicated below)
• The advisor will prepare for your session in advance by looking through details about your practice that you have provided and any particular issues you have raised in advance.
• You are given a set of action points to implement in your practice.
• At the end of the session, you will be allocated a follow-up, this takes place over the phone or online and arranged at the time of your advice session.
What is on offer?
• We will provide you with a mid-term action and short-term action plan to enable you to progress with your practice.
• We will assist you to break down those barriers that are blocking your business progression.
• We can signpost you towards the key networks you need that will transport you to the next steps of your practice.
Who is advising?
Talent Development Manager, Caroline Jackman, has over 20 years’ experience in working in the arts and working to support the business and creative development of artists and makers from amateurs to established professionals. Crafts Council is the national organisation for craft and offers key advice to support artists, makers, and designers in their business development.
What should you prepare in advance?
An up-to-date website or social account link that clearly shows your portfolio with images.
Please answer the following questions and send together with your CV, statement and up to three jpeg images (each image up to 1MB) of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by at least 7 days before your session at the latest.
• At what stage are you with your practice? For example, just starting out/early career professional/mid-career professional.
• If you have set up a creative business, please tell us more about scale, outlets and when established.
• What is your key concern with your business that you would like to cover in the advice session?
• What would you hope to gain from this hour-long advisory session?
• Have you recently or are you currently accessing training or mentoring to support your creative practice? If yes, please indicate which you have accessed.