Why should you attend?
- You will receive a bespoke advisory hour long session with an experienced arts and business development advisor
- Tailored for you and fully confidential, this session will enable you to talk about your ideas or concerns about your creative practice.
- You will go away with a set of action points to implement into your practice.
How it works:
- You book a one hour session with the advisor between 10 & 4pm on the day indicated using our Eventbrite page.
- You supply the advisor with information in advance (requirements indicated below)
- The advisor will prepare for your session in advance by looking through details about your practice that you have provided and any particular issues you have raised in advance.
- At the end of the session, you will be allocated a follow up, this takes place over the phone or via Skype and arranged at the time of your advice session.
Who is advising?
- Talent Development manager Caroline Jackman, has over 20 years’ experience in working in the arts and working to support the business and creative development of artists and makers from amateurs to established professionals.
- Crafts Council are the national organisation for Craft and offer key advice to support artists, makers and designers in their business development.
What should I bring?
- A device with an accessible series/portfolio of images of your work (please do not rely on Internet connection) and/or a quality printed piece of marketing material showcasing your work (e.g. printed postcard, catalogue, brochure)
- A sample of your work, this should be an object that you do not mind being handled and is easily transportable. Please note, if your make large scale work, perhaps consider bringing a sample of the material you use in your practice.
What should I prepare in advance?
Answer the following questions and send together with your CV, statement and up to three jpeg images of your work to email@example.com by Thursday 31st August at the latest.
- At what stage are you with your practice? For example, just starting out/early career professional/mid-career professional.
- If you have set up a creative business, please tell us more about scale, outlets and when established.
- What is your key concern with your business that you would like to cover in the advice session?
- What would you hope to gain from this hour long advisory session?
- Have you recently or are you currently accessing training or mentoring to support your creative practice? If yes please indicate.
Advice surgeries are a part of a series of Business development workshops and events designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to strengthen their business development and promote their work successfully.
Crafts Council courses, events, talks and workshops strike a balance between information-led and practical training, always in a friendly, open atmosphere that encourages discussion and informal networking.
(£35 for participants who have attended an advice session with Crafts Council within one year of this session date, please email for booking code)