Do you have an upcoming show, pop-up, fair or open studio?
Experienced or not, there are always opportunities to get more people to attend, change the way you present the work, and close more sales - with results in the short and long term.
Art world expert Susan J Mumford, Founder of Be Smart About Art, will take you through tips and tricks used by successful creative professionals.
In this hands-on workshop, you will:
- Establish what you aim to achieve from exhibiting;
- Match your aims with types of shows to pursue and present;
- Based on aims, determine who you want to see and meet - and how to reach them;
- Create a list of 10 target attendees for shows, including how you'll make contact with them;
- Consider what types of art (as well as other items you sell, plus services you offer) need to be created, completed, framed and presented for showing;
- Develop a marketing plan for promoting the event, incorporating and integrating online and offline;
- Determine what promotional and engagement materials will be needed on-site (and what you need to do to make them);
- Role play engaging with visitors (optional - attendees will self-select participating, and others will watch and learn);
- Dive deep into selling art, from sales negotiation to effectively following-up leads;
- Troubleshoot following-up other types of leads from shows, for example moving forward prospective gallery collaborations;
- Consider how to have long-term legacy with exhibitions; and
- Get to know other artists at the event, to help build your professional community.
Sound good? Join this event and move your career forward into 2018!
About Be Smart About Art:
This online-accessible organisation helps art professionals thrive in a changing industry by providing professional development support, mentoring, a members' community, networking opportunities and more. Find out more at www.besmartaboutart.com
Category: Arts | Visual Arts | Galleries / Art.
Exhibitions | Lifestyle, Arts, Leisure | Architecture & Designing,
Classes / Courses | Professional Training | Classes, Courses & Workshops.