What is on offer?
- Crafts Council will be offering a business development talk on how to make the most of a seasonal market.
- A month by month countdown to Christmas to enable you to be fully prepared and take advantage of a good selling opportunity and for those of you knew to the industry, a great way to launch your products to the market place.
- An established maker will be sharing her wealth of knowledge on the different outlets for seasonal markets, the preparation involved and the price range she considers for the Christmas gift market.
What will you get out of the workshop?
- Top tips in managing your creative practice in an effective way
- A set of action points to implement with a follow up from Crafts Council
- Chance to meet like-minded people; discuss your practice and help overcome some challenges you may be facing right now
Who is speaking?
- Talent Development manager Caroline Jackman, has over 20 years’ experience in working in the arts and working to support the business and creative development of artists and makers from amateurs to established professionals.
- An established maker will be sharing his wealth of knowledge and top tips on preparing for seasonal events
1.15pm Arrive & registration
1.45pm Welcome and introduction to Crafts Council
2.15pm Getting Christmas ready by Crafts Council Talent Development Manager
3.25pm Maker presentation
4.05pm Reflection and Q&A
What refreshments are provided on the day?
Tea and coffee will be provided at the start of the session and during the afternoon break. Please note, no lunch will be provided, there are many suitable places to purchase your own refreshments within a five minute walk of the venue
Crafts Council courses, events, talks and workshops strike a balance between information-led and practical training, always in a friendly, open atmosphere that encourages discussion and informal networking.
Make the most of Christmas markets is part of a series of Business development workshops and events designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to promote their work successfully