The Kitchen is a space for creativity as well as a room to hang out in. It will play host to a programme of workshops, activities, events and talks as well as offer opportunities for visitors, artists and groups to try out and share new, creative ideas.
The Collective will have input into what takes place in The Kitchen, support events and activities as well as help spread the word. We welcome positive energy and ideas, and as a new group, those joining early will help inform and shape how the Collective runs. New members can join at any time and you only need to commit as much time as you wish to give.
Open to residents from Newtown and the surrounding area, The Collective is FREE to join and brings with it a number of benefits, including reduced participation fees and priority invitation to certain events.
Here are a few examples of how the Collective will support The Kitchen:
- Assist with the smooth running of events and workshops
- Contribute and feedback on programme ideas and suggestions
- Assist with identifying and recruiting artists
- Support the delivery of workshops and events
- Assist with designing and building the space
- Assist with sourcing furniture and objects for the space
- Be an ambassador, assist with distribution of promotional materials (posters, flyers etc.), share events and info online via social networks
- Be a Kitchen host – welcome visitors to the space and gather feedback
Although there’s no age restriction the Collective is currently only open to adults aged 16 .
Register your interest in joining the Kitchen Collective by emailing email@example.com.
If you’re not sure, but want to find out more come along to a drop-in session:
Monday 17 July | anytime between 3pm and 4.45pm
Tuesday 18 July | anytime between 12pm and 1.30pm
The first Kitchen Collective meeting will take place Tuesday 25 July | 6pm-7pm