The workshop begins with an introduction to Ikebana. Ikebana is a disciplined art form in which nature and humanity are brought together. There is an emphasis on shape, line and form.
In the afternoon, Talia will introduce you to the history of Japanese ink painting. She will explain the importance of the traditional tools and materials used in this form of art, and demonstrate the minimalistic stroke created by the flow of the brush. You’ll learn the strokes and techniques of ink painting.
The day will culminate by bringing these two expressions of creativity together, and you’ll paint your beautiful Ikebana arrangement in Japanese ink and watercolour.
- 10am – 4pm, with a break for lunch.
- Limited availability of 12 students.
- All materials included.
- Tea and coffee provided throughout the day.
- All London Flower School courses are taught in English.
- You must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking.