We will learn how to put an image on a screen and how to print. We will learn how to apply heat press techniques such as foiling, flocking and puff binder to embellish designs and introduce different surfaces and textures to the printed fabric. This weekend is all about learning technique and experimenting with printing layered and textured effects on textiles. Students will go home with a number of textile experiments and fabric samples.
- Welcome to LPW and introduction to the weekend
- Briefing on what to expect from the weekend and intended outcomes, look at examples of techniques.
- Demo: How to coat a screen
- Demo: Introduction into the types of imagery that can be used in textile screen printing
- Opportunity to discuss images and ideas with tutor
- Demo: How to put your image on to screen.
- Exposing images on to screen ready for printing
- Demo: How to print
- Printing imagery and troubleshooting
- Printing samples
- Demo: Heat press techniques
- Print and experiment for remainder of day
- Clean up and complete evaluations
- Close of weekend
About the Tutor: Zoe Potter
Zoe Potter graduated from The University of Central England in 1998 with a first class BA Honours in Textile design with a specialism in printed textiles. Zoe has a passion for arts education and loves helping people to discover their creative potential.
Her art practice explores surface decoration using print and paint techniques. Layering colour, texture and pattern to create vibrant compositions.