THE 2021 RESIDENCY PROGRAMME
For the 2021 residency, we propose three possible approaches to explore what does it mean to be “in ruins” and the ideas of proximity, futurity, and distance that this may imply:
- the archive as a metaphorical practice able to keep archeology a dynamic field of action, where the production of individual and collective narratives depends on the original assemblage and composition of units and fragments.
- archeological research as a political practice, where original approaches to space, time, and language allow to stretch, expand and erode historical references, coordinates, and timelines.
- individual histories as a tool to rewrite contemporary Mediterranean mythologies as a strategy to produce alternative forms of communal identity.
Residencies will last 10 days and take place between July and August, in accordance with the applicants’ availability. In-ruins will provide studio and living spaces in the proximity of selected archeological sites, and cover local transport costs. The final presentation of the research carried out over the residency will take place either at the Castle of Squillace or at the Parco Internazionale della Scultura in Catanzaro. This format may vary due to COVID-19 restrictions.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: TUESDAY, 25 APRIL 2021
- Under 35 years old;
- Portfolio + CV;
- Short statement explaining the reasons for the application (max 500 words);
- Project proposal with list of material requirements and preferred residency dates (max 500 words).
Send your application to: email@example.com
Email object: 2021residency_yournameandsurname
Overall email weight: 10 mb
Applications are accepted in English and Italian.