£3000 for that cafe painting? £20 sketch for a friend? This talk will show you how to price your art so that it dodges beginner extremes and basks joyfully in the happy valley that’s both reasonable and profitable. It’ll also walk through the right way to handle complications like editions and commissions so you’ll soon be pricing like a pro.
'If you like it then you'd better put a price on it' is the first in Art Vocation 101: a fast-track workshop series on how to make a career and be happy as an artist, brought to you by Be Smart About Art in association with Cass Art
Talks will take place throughout November at the flagship Cass Art shop:
CASS ART Islington | 66-67 Colebrook Row | London N1 8AB
Each talk will cover one of the three key areas you need to know about to jumpstart a career in the arts. CASS ART is providing event attendees a 10% discount on the evening - so take advantage to stock up on supplies and early Christmas gifts!
9 November 6.30pm - 9pm
BOOK NOW for £7.50: http://bsaa.co/2eOBstj
First 25 tickets:
£7.50 per talk
(£5 for Be Smart About Art members)
£15 per talk
(£10 for Be Smart About Art members)
Bonus: CASS ART is providing event attendees a 10% discount on the evening! Take advantage to stock up on supplies as well as pick up some stocking stuffers with Christmas on the horizon...
- What is meant by ‘market price’?
- If an artist and dealer are working together, who determines the price?
- What are the impacts of setting prices too low or too high?
- How do you know if prices are right - or not?
- How are prices increased over months and years?
- How can the cost of frames be fairly incorporated into the commission structure?
- What are acceptable discounts to give when selling art and how can you still get enough profit?
Be Smart About Art - We're here to help you thrive in a changing art world.
Follow us @besmartaboutart.com