July 15th 2016 will see the launch of the 10-day International Festival in Milton Keynes in partnership with centre:mk, one of the UK’S leading retail destinations at the heart of Milton Keynes, which will bring new and unique commissions and installations to Central Milton Keynes and the public spaces of centre:mk.
Throughout the renowned festival, centre:mk will be hosting three of the most creative and engaging must-see art and performance installations, the shining star of which is set to be the interactive Magic Carpets 2016 (commissioned by IF: 2016 and centre:mk).
Magic Carpets 2016
• By international digital-artist Miguel Chevalier
• A magical world of shape-shifting light and colour, which will cover centre:mk’s Middleton Hall in a huge kaleidoscopic ‘carpet’ for customers to enjoy whilst walking between stores.
• Sound artist Ray Lee has created ‘sonic spheres’ for people to hold, which will generate sound and react to the changes in the projections and the heat of people’s hands.
Liquid Gold is The Air
• By choreographer Rosemary Lee and film-maker Roswitha Chesher
• A video installation screened in the open-air Queen’s Court within a specially-made garden room with a wild flower roof.
• By Wesley Goatley and Georgina Voss
• An immersive sound and visual installation in a shopping unit in the centre, with audiences walking through a projected representation of Milton Keynes.
• Live data pulsed from utilities and communications networks with responsive sounds will create a unique sonic experience which changes with each visit.