As an ever greater number of private individuals and foundations collect and lend modern and contemporary art, managing data, reproductions, insurance values and provenance are vital. Led by art collection experts, Freda Matassa and Julia Toffolo, this day simplifies the fundamental processes behind managing a collection, from the moment of acquisition to arranging loans and display.
The course offers expert advice to equip you with excellent standards to ensure the work retains its value, including:
- Collection focus and remit
- The process of acquiring a new work of art
- Basic requirements for museum standard documentation
- Best practice for storage and movement of art
- International guidelines for loans and exhibitions
- Collections care and display
10am – 5pm
Lunch and refreshments included
The Art Fund supports this ‘How to: Inside the Gallery’ series by offering a number of fully funded places per course for curators and museum and gallery professionals. The deadline is 18 December 2015, to apply, head to the Art Fund Website.
For more information please contact: Sophie Thornberry, email@example.com