AboutBrave New Worlds: Utopias/Dystopias
3rd September 5th November 2011
Deadline for submissions 15th July 2011
Through its annual open exhibition opportunities, Orleans House Gallery in Twickenham helps artists both locally and nationally to showcase their work in group exhibitions. Each year, over 500 individual artists (excluding those participating in Arthouse) exhibit work in a range of open exhibitions across three galleries - Orleans and Stables Galleries, Twickenham and the Riverside Gallery in Richmond.
In 2011, we have further opportunities for you to submit artwork for an exhibition at the Riverside Gallery, Brave New Worlds: Utopias/Dystopias. For two millennia, artists have depicted idyllic Arcadian Edens and cataclysmic scenes of Judgement Day. This exploration of idealised Utopias and dark Dystopias endures. Contemporary artists present visionary landscapes and flights of fantasy revealing our hopes and fears of possible worlds and possible futures. Any media (prints, photos, paintings, objects, sculptures) and style are considered but we are unable to show films at the Riverside Gallery.
· Artists can submit up to 5 original works. Artworks must be submitted as high resolution jpeg files on a CD, with accompanying A4 sized photographic prints or colour printouts. Original artwork will not be accepted.
· Please clearly label each submission with: artist's name, title of work, date, media, approximate size and price before commission if the work is for sale (the gallery adds 40% of the artist price for commission + VAT).
· In addition, please enclose contact details (including email and postal addresses and contact telephone numbers), an artist's statement and CV.
· There is a £10.00 administration charge (which also contributes towards exhibition costs); £7.50 concessions (please include proof). Please make cheques payable to âL.B.R.U.T'. Your submission will not be accepted without payment.
· If you would like images returned, please enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope.
Successful artists will be contacted by email or in writing approximately two weeks after the deadline.
Any queries, please email curator Mark De Novellis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call 020 8831 6000.