Fourth Year is a brand new series of informal networking sessions for recent graduates from photography courses to gain support for their practice.
Graduating can be a daunting prospect. Challenges can come thick and fast as you try to balance new work commitments with personal projects, moving home and losing the once-secure network of photographers and tutors you saw every day. Worried about what to do next? Then these sessions are for you!
Redeye has partnered up with several universities in the North to offer support during this challenging transition. Maybe you're looking for advice on your latest project, in need of industry contacts or simply wanting to feel connected to a group of like-minded photographers in a similar situation to your own.
This series of Wednesday evening drop-in workshops have been developed with the support of the following Northern institutions (more to follow):
You can go to any session you like. You don't need to have graduated from the university hosting that session, you just need a valid Redeye membership. This means if you have moved away from the city you called home for three years you can still access the help you need to further your photography. CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR PLACE
Who is it for?
Anyone can attend; however these workshops are primarily aimed at those who have graduated from photography (or related) courses and feel they would benefit from contact time with experienced tutors and arts or photography professionals. You need to have a valid Redeye membership to attend. Click here to find out more about becoming a Redeye member.
Fourth Year offers sessions on critique, creative development, and practical industry advice. You can book on to as many or few as you like, although we would encourage you to attend as many as you can for your own development, to build a network and to sample advice from different institutions. Each session is led by a staff member from the hosting institution, with occasional visitors from Redeye and the northern photographic community to offer additional support.
Workshops run from October 2017 until spring 2018. More dates and university partners will be announced throughout the year.
- Wednesday 18th October, 17:00 to 19:00, Hugh Baird, Liverpool
- Wednesday 1st November, 17:00 to 19:00, Manchester School of Art (MMU), Manchester
- Wednesday 15th November, 17:00 to 19:00, University of Cumbria, Carlisle
- Wednesday 6th December, 17:00 to 19:00, Manchester School of Art (MMU), Manchester
- Wednesday 17th January, 17:00 to 19:00, University of Salford, Salford
- Wednesday 7th February, 17:00 to 19:00, Blackpool and The Fylde College, Blackpool
- Wednesday 21st February, 17:00 to 19:00, Hugh Baird, Liverpool
- Wednesday 7th March, 17:00 to 19:00, University of Cumbria, Carlisle
- Wednesday 21st March, 17:00 to 19:00, University of Salford, Salford
These events will take place at the college or university. The exact room and building will be announced closer to the event along with travel directions for those who have booked. Redeye ensures all the venues we use are fully accessible.
These events are free, but booking is essential as places are limited. You must have a valid Redeye membership to register and attend these sessions. Please register via the Redeye website.