They are offering four-day courses in experimental screen printing or medium format photography. Both courses have been designed to make the most of their specialist equipment and facilities, and offer a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in creative practice for a few days.
An opportunity to learn screenprinting with access to specialist printmaking equipment and expertise from instructor Christian Bennett, and to allow you to experiment with a range of techniques and develop your skills and confidence in printmaking.
From 29 June – 02 July and 13 – 16 July 2015 the University of Portsmouth’s School of Art and Design will be hosting two short courses in experimental screenprinting.
The purpose of this four-day course is to provide you with access to specialist printmaking equipment and expertise from instructor Christian Bennett, and to allow you to experiment with a range of techniques and develop your skills and confidence in printmaking. This course will allow you to progress in screenprinting whatever your experience already.
The course will start with an introduction to screenprinting, and you will be taught a number of different techniques and guided through an appreciation of the medium. You will be encouraged to experiment with colour and layering in order to create interesting and beautiful prints. In addition to what you will learn, you will walk away from this four day course with a portfolio of your own prints.
You will be provided with the following materials:
- A range of paper stocks and inks
- Gloves and apron
- A3 plastic folio to contain your prints
Maximum participants 10
- Full refreshments and lunch provided
- Health and Safety matters will form a necessary part of the inductions
- Certificates of attendance will be issued
- We are keen to gain your feedback from our short course and your experience here at the university, and feedback forms will be provided
- Unfortunately refunds will not be possible for any cancellations made less than a week before the course begins