Combining innovative thought with supreme craftsmanship, over 30 artists have been selected to showcase their highly original and inspiring work including textiles, ceramics, glass, wood, paper, silver and jewellery.
Established in 1887, The Society of Designer Craftsmen continues to promote and support the work of creative thinkers, designers and makers who innovate through the exploration of materials and skills in their own creative field.
‘Excellence’ exemplifies the high standards of the Society and is being held in the magnificent buildings of Chichester’s historical Oxmarket Gallery, a deconsecrated medieval church full of light in the heart of the city.
- 20.21 - an exhibition of small scale works of craft excellence, each piece no larger than 20.21cm and available for immediate sale and takeaway with prices under £120.21
- Demonstrations - a programme of craft skills demonstrations will be hosted by members of the Society. With a different craftsperson in the spotlight every single day of the exhibition, we hope to provide a fascinating insight into the making behind the pieces on display
- Try your hand at Tapestry Weaving – drop in anytime to join in with our Sea-themed tapestry. No experience required, all materials supplied.
- Society of Designer Craftsmen Discovery – learn more about who we are, how we started over a century ago and our plans for the future. And how to join us too.
- Meet the Makers – members of the Society will be on hand every day to answer any questions and explain more about our work.
- Prizes - two prizes will be awarded at the exhibition, one of which will be selected by the visiting public.