Throughout Saturday and Sunday, Silver End Village will act as a base, hosting a programme of talks, music and events, alongside three new artistic and architectural commissions.
Highlights of the weekend include:
- Over twenty individual modernist buildings open for public access
- Walking tours of key modernist locations
- A talks programme at Silver End Village Hall including speakers Tim Burrows, Matthew Butcher, Elizabeth Darling, Gillian Darley, Owen Hatherley, Charles Holland, Sam Jacob, Rachel Lichtenstein, Jonathan Meades, Alan Powers and Ken Worpole
- Film screenings
- Five historical exhibitions
- A series of drop-in family workshops
- New commissions from Details, HAT Projects and Alan Kane, featuring Bob Stanley DJ set
- Free shuttle buses linking five key architectural locations, Bata East Tilbury, Dunton Plotlands, Silver End,University of Essex Colchester Campus and Frinton-on-Sea.
Details of each event are available on this webpage. Events can be filtered by type using the menu. Some events listed require booking, please make sure you reserve your place to avoid disapointment. Locations taking part in ESSEX Architecture Weekend can also be viewed through clicking the relevant icon on the Radical Essex map.
Download the complete events programme here and the bus timetable here to start planning your weekend!
We are looking for volunteer assistance for ESSEX Architecture Weekend. If you are interested to get involved, please contact us here.
Multiple sites across Essex