Elena Gileva is a Russian-born (1992), London based artist fixating on the decorative, historical and ornamental through the medium of ceramics and sculpture. Elena has training both in ceramics, having graduated from MA Ceramics and Glass Royal College, and Fine Art (BFA Fine Art Parsons Paris School of Art and Design). She combines various references and processes, with hand-built ceramic objects taking centre stage in her practice.
Recent exhibitions have included:
- FOUNT Airspacegallery/British Ceramic Biennial, Stoke-on-Trent, UK (2017)
- Cultural Lanscape part 2, Gallerie de L'Ancienne poste, Toucy, France (2017)
- Gyeonggi, International Ceramic Biennale, Icheon, South Korea (2017)
- The Ingram Collections Inaugural Purchase Prize Exhibition for Young Contemporary Talent, Cello Factory, London (2016)
Upcoming exhibitions include:
- London Art Fair, Square Art Projects, London (2019)
- Nakanojo Biennial 2019, Gunma, Japan (2019)
This artist's talk is hosted by the full-time Fine Art programmes at West Dean College of Arts and Conservation. Students can study for a Graduate Diploma in Fine Art or MFA, with various funding optionsavailable to support students throughout their studies.