THIS EVENT IS BY APPLICATION ONLY!
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS MONDAY JULY 3RD, 12 NOON!
Mind too work-focused to realise your body is freezing/starving/knackered? Then you definitely need a dram...
Uniting lone working, whisky drinking artists often locked inside their own thoughts and studios, this sensory weekend workshop will use whisky as both medium and catalyst to renew your mind-body connection. It will also be an incredible opportunity to gel with like-minded creatives, forming a kick-ass peer group to explore future projects together by way of support and/or collaboration. Because an artist cannot exist as one head alone.
This DIY is for 5-7 selected participants who:
- value the ‘spiritual’ nature of whisky as an essential part of their creative process
- regard whisky as an art form within itself
- find themselves working/drinking alone but who crave the company of other artists
- don’t drink purely with the aim of getting drunk
- are sick of taking on multiple personalities to discuss ideas with themselves
- forget to eat because they’re so focussed on working
- are prepared to fully commit to the duration and ‘spirit’ of the weekend
- are willing to be open and honest by way of creating an inclusive and supportive environment
- are looking to reconnect with and re-examine their creative origins to uncork their creative potential
- are prepared and eager to take part in group discussion/activity
It is open to all practicing artists from any discipline (including - but not exclusive to - fine art, live art, illustration, music, spoken word, ceramicts, etc...) so long as you're 18+.