HOW TO PLAY
(Here are the rules):
1. On each night, there are six acts.
2. When, and if, each act will perform, will be determined by the roll of a die.
3. The rolling of the die will be completed by the evenings host, the Dice Master.
4. The die will be rolled six times.
5. Each act risks performing six times, and not performing at all.
6. We like the number six.
DICE Festival is an artist-led festival. We aim to connect. We want to create bridges between emerging artists and established artists, and that is why we present a horizontal platform with new and emerging artists performing alongside established artists. This year we will be showcasing 21 different artists across 3 nights, with a diverse programme of performance, including live art, performance art, cabaret, clowning and storytelling.
We are making space for art to exist, art that doesn’t always fit into the expectations of the fringe. We are making space for artists of every level to come together. And this year, we are a festival trying to make a home for us all amongst the chaos that is the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.